Many property owners and tenants are not aware of precautions that should be taken to protect against damage to their property when water service is turned on, especially if the property is not occupied. Before you schedule your water service turn-on be sure to:
- Turn off all interior and exterior faucets.
- Turn off swamp cooler lines.
- Turn off sprinkler system.
- Check that bathrooms are in proper working order.
District staff will try to determine if water is running after the water service is turned on. If water is running, the service will be turned off at the customer valve that is located inside the meter box and a door hanger will be placed explaining that water was running when they attempted to activate your service.
The District is not responsible for any damages that may occur from water service turn-on either from excessive pressure or the condition of the customer’s plumbing
For your convenience, download a Water Service Application. Applications must be submitted with all applicable fees prior to service being rendered.
RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS
- Service application: Can be completed in person or emailed to email@example.com. A non-refundable opening fee of $35 must be paid at time of application; an additional $70 is required for service connections after business hours. Fees can be paid in person by cash, check, money order or credit card (Visa or MasterCard), or over the phone by credit card. Service can be connected the same day if fees are paid by 2 p.m.
- The District requires a $200 refundable deposit for water service at the time of application. Deposits will be returned when the account is closed, minus any outstanding balance.
- Proof of Identity: A valid driver’s license, U.S. military identification card or California identification card, and your Social Security number are required. Developer or commercial must have a Federal Tax ID Number.
The amount of any deposit required by the District shall be based on the size of the water meter:
|Meter Size||Required Deposit|
|5/8″ – 3/4″||$200|
Contact Customer Service at (760) 367-7546 for more information.
A temporary cleaning and maintenance account is often used by property management and/or realtors to clean and prepare a residence for move-in by a tenant.
Temporary service will be provided to an existing water service for maximum of twelve (12) calendar days to facilitate cleaning and showing of property for sale or rent. A fee of $35.00 will be billed in addition to water used. Additional fees will be required to continue service beyond 12 calendar days.
Please complete the Request for Clean and Show Form and fax it to 760-367-6612. Requests will be processed during regular business hours.
Construction Accounts are issued when construction water is being used by development for underground utility construction, dust control, finish grade earthwork and limited rough grading projects. To establish a construction account you will need to complete a service application in person or over the phone by contacting customer service.
A refundable deposit of $650.00 must be paid at time of application. This can be paid in person, over the phone via Visa or MasterCard or by cash, check, or money order. In usual circumstances, service will be connected within 24 hours of payment of fees.
Unlike residential or commercial accounts, construction accounts are billed on a monthly basis. Meter reading begins on 20th of the month. Bills are mailed close to the 21st of the month. If all is going well with the mail service, you should receive your bill close to the 27th of the month. Bills are due on the 12th of each month.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG!
Anywhere you dig, there could be water lines or other underground facilities. To avoid hitting them, be sure to call DigAlert beforehand at (800) 227-2600 to have them marked.
DigAlert coordinates with the water district and other local utilities to offer you this service free of charge. It’s a simple process to help you avoid the costly error or hazardous situation of cutting a fiber optic cable or damaging a power line, water line, or gas main.
|Construction Ready To Serve||
Current RTS daily fee x days used
(Average is $85.49/month or $2.85/day)
|Water Usage||Current rate per unit used.|
|Installation Charge||Time & Materials|
|Deposit Construction Meter||
$650.00 up to 4″ meter
Over 4″ is calculated in accordance with Ordinance 87
|Potable Water Quantity Charge||$ 3.94 per 100 cubic feet|
|Non-potable Water Quantity Charge||$0.69 per 100 cubic feet|
Please contact the district with any questions at (760) 367-7546.
To stop service on an existing account, please contact the District at (760) 367-7546.